Reishi is a type of mushroom generally found in the coastal regions of China. It is also grown in Taiwan, Korea, North America, and Japan. Reishi is known as the “herb of spiritual potency”, or hing zhi. They are usually discovered on the bases of fallen trees and decaying logs. Reishi can be found in six different types of color, but red mushrooms are commonly utilized for medicinal purposes in Asia and North America. The fruiting portion of the mushroom is generally used for medicinal purposes.
Function of Reishi
Reishi is made use of to cure asthma, coughs, debility and exhaustion, along with sleeplessness. Polysaccharides, coumarin, sterols, mannitol, and triterpenoids labeled ganoderic acids are the chief elements of the mushroom.
Ganoderic acids can be capable of reducing cholesterol and blood pressure apart from hindering blood platelets from joining together. Although it has not yet been established, these acids may also aid in the treatment of hepatitis B that is chronic in nature, sickness associated with altitude, cancer, and diabetes mellitus.
It flourishes in thickly wooded mountains where humidity is high and sunlight is not particularly strong. It is not often found because it grows chiefly on the parched trunks of dead plum, guercus serrata or pasonia trees.
Among 10,000 such mature trees, possibly 2 or 3 will have Reishi development. Consequently it is exceedingly in short supply. Its scarcity can be attributed to the hard outer husks of its spores that make germination almost impracticable.
There are several types of Reishi namely, Akashiba ( red reishi ), Kuroshiba ( black reishi ), Aoshiba ( blue reishi ), Shiroshiba ( white reishi ), Kishiba ( yellow reishi ), Murasakishiba ( purple reishi ).
Reishi is considered as an ideal medicine since its wide-ranging qualities can be effective for healing as well as precautionary purposes. It yields outstanding results when made use of by a person who is vulnerable to ailment in the pre-ailment phase.
How Reishi can help?
- Reishi is known to expand longevity, enhance youthful energy and vigor.
- It also helps in improving blood circulation by eradicating thrombi in the blood streams.
- This accounts for improved vigor of a person. Use of Reishi checks degeneration of body and mind.
- Reishi is indeed well known for its versatility.
- It has also been found that Reishi possesses traits that help in dealing with cholesterosis and coronary deficiency along with effectively enhancing the nervous system.
- The use of Reishi has also proved beneficial in treating chronic bronchitis and hepatitis.
- Reishi also assists in developing the leukocytopenia and reticuloendothelial system.
As far as Reishi is concerned the success rate of healing a number of ailments are highly impressive. For instance allergy associated with chronic bronchitis, which is among the toughest to heal, has a recuperation rate of 60% to 97.7% when treated with Reishi.