Does you hair look dull, rough or lifeless? Are you suffering from hair loss, flaky scalp or dandruff? Till now you must have tried various conditioners, shampoos and serum to bring back life to your dull hair, but all in vain. Have you thought of using herbs or herbal remedies for the purpose? Not yet!!! Then this article would help you understand various herbs and their function for hair care better.
Herbs are being used since ancient times for curing different ailments. Herbs are not only used for treating diseases, but also for general body care like hair care, skin care, eye care, etc. For everyone especially women herbal body care is essential. Herbs and herbal remedies are easy to use and with no side-effects.
Herbs for Healthy Hair:
Below is the list of 10 extensively and regularly used herbs for healthy hair.
It contains a substance Aloenin which is a potential stimulant of hair growth. It is an effective hair conditioner without any side effects. It soothes your scalp and regenerates the hair cells.
: It promotes hair growth and provides adequate nutrition to the hair shafts. It is highly effective for treating dandruff problem and prevents further scalp problems.
: It improves the blood circulation and cools down the scalp. It is highly effective against scalp dryness, dandruff and hair loss.
: It is one of the effective hair enhancer. This herb nourishes your flaky and dry scalp hence solving your dandruff problem. It slows down premature graying and hair loss.
: This herb is a rich source of Vitamin A and C. It is effective against hair loss as it inhibits the production enzyme which is the root cause of hair loss.
: This herb is used for giving dull hair a complete healthy look. It is an effective solution for oily hair, fine hair and dry hair.
: It is an important herb for proper hair care. This herb is effective in treating scalp infection, dandruff and oily hair problems. It is said to lessen hair loss and restores the hair color.
: This herb is effective for curing problems of oily hair. It is a rich source of silica. It makes your hair strong, sleek, shiny and manageable. It also stimulates hair growth as it enhances scalp circulation.
: It acts as a hair tonic for thin hair and dandruff prone hair.
: It is effective if you are suffering from itchy scalp. It provides moisture to your dry scalp.
Other Herbs for Healthy Hair:
Bur oil or Burdock root aids in treating scalp problems. It helps get rid of itching and dandruff. It also improves hair strength, restores shine and reverses thinning. The rare long chain of essential fatty acids in the Bur Oil helps to maintain healthy scalp and hair.
Chamomile is a great conditioner for damaged and dry hair. When used for rinsing after shampoo it will help restore shine and bring out the natural highlights for blondes. It also helps to strengthen the hair to prevent breakage, tangling and split ends.
Tea Tree extracts and oil is a natural anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal medicine. It helps reduces the problem of dandruff and other infections of the scalp.
Witch Hazel helps improve the blood circulation at your scalp. Improved blood circulation will stimulate natural hair growth. It also serves as a deep cleanser for scalp that clears it off all the oil and dirt.
Herbal Remedies for Beautiful Hair:
- Boil together 3 tablespoon of rosemary, 2 tablespoon of sage and 1 and ½ quarts of water for 15 minutes. Strain the solution and let it come to normal temperature and keep it in refrigerator. After shampooing pour this mixture and allow it to stand for 2-3 minutes then wash you hair thoroughly with water. This rosemary and sage rinse would add excellent shine to your dull hair.
- You can use scented vinegar to give your hair smooth, soft texture and extra shine. To make vinegar rinse, add few tablespoon of scented vinegar to water and rinse your hair after shampooing. Vinegar rinse not only adds shine but it also restores the acidic pH balance of your hair.
- Mix ¼ cup each of lemon juice and ¼ cup of chamomile flowers and 2 cups each of white vinegar and water in an enamel or glass pan. Boil this mixture for 15 minutes and strain it. Cool the mixture and store it in an air tight bottle. After shampooing pour at least ½ a cup of this solution and after 5 minutes rinse your hair with clean water.
- Blend ½ peeled and mashed Avocado, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of Wheat Germ Oil till it is frothy. Apply this mixture immediately on your hair. With the help of a plastic cap cover your hair and leave them for 30 minutes. Use lukewarm water to clean your hair and then use a mild shampoo for final cleansing.
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of light sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 2 whole eggs. Apply this mixture to your hair and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then wash it with warm water and mild shampoo. This mixture acts as a natural protein conditioner.
- To 1 cup of tomato juice add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, mix it well. Comb this mixture to clean and wet hair and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse off with clean water. This mixture helps in restoring the pH balance of your hair and makes them more manageable and shiny.
- Even the mayonnaise you eat can act as a wonderful conditioner. To use mayonnaise as conditioner mix ½ cup of mayonnaise, few drops of shampoo and lukewarm water. Apply this mixture after your regular shampoo. Leave it on for 10 minutes and shampoo your hair again.
- Dissolve ½ cup of baking soda in 1 cup of warm water. Pour this solution on your hair after shampooing them. With the help of your finger tips massage your scalp and hair gently for few minutes and then with clean water rinse it off. This baking soda rinse will effectively clean and add shine to your hair.
All these herbs are highly beneficial for healthy hair. They cure all the hair problems without affecting your hair structure. These herbs contain ingredients which are useful for hair strengthening. Beside hair strengthening, they also form a protective coat around the hair shaft and prevent them from further damage.
What Herbs Give Softness and Shine to Hair?
Herbs that may give your hair shine and softness are chamomile, jojoba oil, aloe vera, etc.