We are aware of the medicinal values of herbs. But herbs can act excellent in our kitchen too. A pinch of herbs, added to the cuisines can bring an extraordinary flavour. So, to know about the herbs in kitchen, just go through below.
The use of herbs for adding flavor to foods has become a tradition especially for Indian cuisine. Actually, this tradition is almost running since the ancient age of cooking food.
Herbs like mustard seeds, garlics, mints and so on, surely, were found growing wild. And then, the nurturing of herbs for cooking and remedies came much later. In most of the oil big gardens, a section used to be fixed aside for the cultivation of herbs. For the purpose of cooking; the exact range of herbs is huge.
How to Use Herbs in Your Kitchen?
Using herbs in cooking is as same as icing a cake. It adds flavour to the food and completes the dish. There are numerous herbs and several recipes to pick and choose from. Some of the herbs work as miracle, when they are added to the any recipes. Here are some tips on that.
- Tarragon goes very nice with roast chicken
- You can use fennel for the preparation of fish.
- Coriander calls up of the Middle East and Greece
- Tulsi or basil can be used for different kinds of juice.
- Tomatoes can be used to make pasta tasty
- You can use mustard with any preparation to add flavour
- Methi is also a herb that adds flavour to any dish
- Garlic is also a very popular herb that is used mainly for the non-veg dishes
- Basil can go very well with pesto, eggs, cheese, any vegetables, etc.
- You may like to use Oregano with pizza, fish, sauce, etc.
- You might consider adding mints to yogurt, fruit or ice milk
- Dill may go well with salmon or potato dishes.
Few Tips to Get You Started With The Herbs
Here are few tips for you to start.
- Try chewing a clean leaf of an herb and but don’t swallow. You can easily experience the fragrance of the herb. So, it is not always necessary to swallow. In this way you can have a direct perception of the flavour of the herb.
- Add some fresh sliced herbs to something tasteless yet familiar, like butter or potatoes. This let the intensity of the herbs to stand on its own and it is also helpful you to know how much of the herb to add.
- You can add a little rosemary or tarragon to the chicken or the potatoes. You can also sprinkle some oregano on your pasta or pizza.
What Herbs go with Zucchini?
Herbs that may go with Zucchini are thyme, parsley, basil and garlic.
What Herbs and Spices go with Pork?
Herbs and spices that can go with pork are dill, garlic, rosemary, curry powder, sage, fennel, savory, coriander, cumin, caraway seeds and thyme.