Herbs have been the base of medical sciences throughout the world. Weight watchers have a reason to rejoice as they can resort to the simple yet powerful herbs for obesity that can help them shed those extra pounds. However, you should keep in mind that there is no such wonder-herb that can miraculously turn you slim and svelte in no time. On the contrary, herbs act slowly but steadily. Let’s check… how herbs cure obesity.
How Herbs Cure Obesity?
Herbs that can check obesity are classified mainly as:
- Appetite Suppressants These herbs reduce hunger by altering mood, expanding in the stomach or satisfying your taste.
- Stimulants These herbs encourage the body to burn more calories.
- Cathartics These herbs reduce calorie consumption by impeding full digestion.
- Diuretics These herbs cause the body to excrete water through excess urine.
Herbal Cure for Obesity
Some of the herbal cure for obesity are:
– Chickweed is known for its ability to break down fat molecules. It is usually taken in the form of a tea to curb cravings and assist digestion. Chickweed is mostly recommended in combination with Burdock Root.
– Burdock Root is a diuretic and a mild laxative. It helps reduce cravings and hunger. In combination with Chickweed, it helps transporting fat out of the body. Like Chickweed, Burdock root is also taken in the form of tea to drink between meals.
– Fennel is a diuretic. It helps reduces hunger and cravings. It also improves energy. It is used in combination with Urtica Dioica or Nettle.
– Nettle help clear toxins and helps feeding the cells at a deeper level. Nettle and Fennel tea is said be good for curbing appetite and help in weight loss.
– Flax seed is a laxative and it helps in curbing hunger. It is a good source of protein and fiber. Flax is good when taken half an hour before meals. It will help you eat less. It strengthens your immune system too.
– Guar Gum has a laxative effect. It reduces hunger. It promotes normal gastrointestinal motility and also maintains the fecal bulk. It promotes a feeling of fullness and thus decreases appetite.
– Kola Nut is a stimulant. It aids in the metabolism of fat. It also decreases appetite.
– Phylium curbs hunger. A teaspoon of Phyllium aids weight loss when taken half an hour before meals with water.
– It is used as an active ingredient in many weight loss formulas. Garcinia Cantbogia aids in fat metabolism. It also helps reduce hunger. Studies suggest that it prevents the accumulation of lipid droplets in fat cells. It is said to greatly improve exercise endurance by increasing lipid oxidation and decreases carbohydrate utilization.
– Hawthorn improves blood circulation. It also reduces blood fat. It stimulates the adrenal glands and improves thyroid function. It also reduces blood fat.
– Alfalfa consist of saponin that helps make fats more soluble. It also acts as a diuretic and aids in digestion.
– It is a good laxative. It improves metabolism of fat by stimulating the colon.
– Cinnamon is effective in reducing cholesterol levels. It lowers bad cholesterol and effects blood sugar and it helps against insulin resistance and obesity.
– Cardamom’s anti-spasmodic properties aid in digestion.
– Bladder Wrack helps strengthen thyroid and increases metabolism. It gives body easily available nutrients and feed the body on a cellular level. It also reduces cravings.
– Green Tea is rich in anti-oxidants. It aids fat metabolism. It increases energy expenditure aiding weight loss.
What Herbs or Vitamins can Lower Our Cholesterol?
Some herbs and vitamins can lower our cholesterol. Some such herbs can be garlic bulb, alfalfa, capsicum fruit, red yeast rice, etc. There are also some vitamins that can keep our cholesterol level at check. Some of these vitamins may be green tea extract, Beta-sitosterol, D-limonene, oryzanol, etc.