Constipation is not a disease but a symptom. Only a bit attention to your digestive system can help you to get out of this condition. Herbs and herbal remedies are the best way to get rid of the constipation without having any side effect.
Constipation can be frequent, severe and sometimes chronic. There are several treatments for constipation but sometimes the other treatments tend to leave a side effect which herbal treatments never do.
So, here are some tips on how you can get rid of this problem by using herbal remedies.
Herbs Used to Treat Constipation
Here are some herbs those are very effective to treat constipation since constipation is not a disease but a condition.
- Liquor ice
- Aloe vera
- Yellow dock
- Psyllium seed
- Any kind of fibrous fruits
- Any kind of fibrous vegetables
Herbal Remedy for Constipation
Below, you will find some of the herbal remedies that will help you to get rid of the constipation.
- You can steep any of the above mentioned herbs in hot water and then take the extract of the soluble properties out. Now simply drink it.
- Make a liquid mixture of aloe vera and water. Or else you can also make a thick gel of aloe vera. It acts as an effective stimulant laxative.
- Buckthorn and cascara sagrada act as a stimulant laxative.
- Make a tincture (mixture of alcohol and water containing herb) of dandelion. This tincture increases the flow of bile.
- Make an infusion of ginger .You can boil the chopped root of ginger with water. It helps to stop muscle spasm.
- Fennel seeds are such an herb that helps in gas relief. It also acts to reduce the cramps and gastrointestinal calming.
- Peppermint leaves help to control gas and spasms in the intestinal tract. They also refresh the colon and maintain the good digestion.
- You can eat papaya easily only by cutting the fruit. Papaya is loaded with loads of digestive enzymes. It can digest fats and proteins. These enzymes make your food easily digested.
- You can make an infusion of buckthorn bark. This helps the colons to have proper contractions for good elimination.
- Triphala is the basis of most of the herbal remedies. You can steep or soak triphala in water. Then, you can drink the extracted liquid.