Herbs for Acne – Natural Herbs are the best resources to treat Acne
Acne is one of the most common skin problems, commonly prevalent among teenagers. The main causal factor for acne is the hormonal imbalance. Safest and excellent way to treat acne is to use natural herbs and herbal remedies.
Usually acne is formed as the result of clogged sebaceous glands present at the base of hair follicles of the skin. Sebaceous glands produce an oily substance called as sebum which lubricates the skin. Excess production of sebum clogs the pore resulting in hard plugs, finally producing pimples. Sometimes topical bacterial infection may result into acne or pimple formation. Before reading on herbs for acne know the factors for sebum overproduction which causes acne.
Factors Responsible for the Overproduction of Sebum:
There are various factors which are responsible for the overproduction of the sebum. Few of the factors are listed below:
- Hormonal imbalance commonly seen during adolescence especially in males
- In case of females during menstrual period or pregnancy which results in hormonal disturbance
- Next common factor is emotional stress, tension and skin irritation
- Even certain medicines like contraceptives, steroids or drugs which creates hormonal imbalance act as triggers
- Food or other allergies might trigger the acne formation
Herbs for Acne:
There are various topical creams and medication which are beneficial in treating acne. But the best way to cure acne without harming the suppleness of your skin is herbs. Herbs not only treat acne naturally, they also make your skin soft, flexible and healthy.
Below are few Natural Herbs to Treat Acne:
It yields highly beneficial essential oil which is known for its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
It is generally known as miraculous herb as it is packed with excellent therapeutic properties. Basically it is known for its anti-bacterial and astringent properties. Raw aloe gel can be applied directly on the affected area.
Tea Tree Oil:
It acts as a powerful anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral medicine. It is being used as first aid medicine against various skin ailments like acne, blackheads and topical infections. Diluted solution of tea tree oil can be directly applied on the affected area.
This flower is known for its healing property and it is been used since Cleopatra time. It enhances the healing process of the skin tissues.
It is popularly known for its astringent and anti-bacterial properties. It is beneficial in tightening your skin pores and removal of the excess oil.
It is used as astringent skin wash.
It is basically used for inflammation and pain.
It is known for its anti-microbial properties and it prevents oozing.
It used as tincture and it lessens the inflammation and enhances the healing process.
Two fold approaches is required to treat acne completely: Topically and Internally. Internal approach is required as sluggish liver or upset stomach may also result in acne break-outs. Hence a combination of herbs which treats the condition topically and internally is used. To treat acne internally following herbs are highly beneficial:
- Burdock root
- Milk Thistle
Useful Natural and Herbal Recipes for Treating Acne:
Here are few herbal recipes which are easy to use and are highly beneficial in treating acne.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp of pot marigold tincture in 2 glass of water. With the help of a cotton ball apply this solution on your face. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse off your face.
- Extract Aloe Vera gel from a freshly picked Aloe leaf. Apply directly this gel on the affected area and leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
- Extract juice of ribwort leaves and apply this juice on the affected area. After it dries rinse it with clean water.
- In a bowl boil chamomile and steam clean your face with this water. For best results repeat this procedure daily.
- Rub slightly crushed garlic cloves on the affected area or you can even apply finely chopped garlic on the affected area.
These herbal remedies are tried and tested. But in case there is no improvement in your acne then it is advice to consult your dermatologist immediately.