Mango Medicinal Values:
Beside being one of the most delicious and tasty fruit, the King of Fruits, mango is rich with number of nutrients. Mango is a rich source of numerous antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It is no wonder that the health benefits of mango are so numerous and diverse. These include eye disorders, prickly heat problems, bacterial infections, diabetes, sinusitis, morning sickness, etc.
Here is a clear list of Nutritional Highlights of Mangoes
Mango is a rich source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. One medium sized mango contains the following:
- Carbohydrate – 28 g
- Protein – 0.84 g
- Total Fat – 0.45 g
- Saturated fat – 0 g
- Fiber – 3 g
- Cholesterol – 0 g
- Vitamin A – 6425 IU
- Vitamin C – 45.7mg
- Calcium – 20 g
- Potassium – 300 mg
- Magnesium – 18 mg
- Traces of iron, sodium, phosphorus, manganese and selenium
Health Benefits of Mango:
Listed below are some health benefits of mango:
- A compound called as phenolic, found in mangoes have potential anticancer and antioxidant properties.
- Vitamin A, Vitamin E and selenium found in mangoes protect against heart diseases.
- The amount of Vitamin C and calcium found in mangoes treat cures and prevents internal hemorrhage.
- Eating mangoes improve appetite and acts as a potential antidote for various body toxins. Eating a mango effectively treats poor digestion and acidity.
- Mangoes are suggested for the treatment of anemia and during pregnancy and menstruation because of their high iron content.
- Mangoes do contain anti-inflammatory properties which may improve asthma symptoms.
- A decoction made up mango bark and one gram of black salt added to it helps treat diarrhea.
- Mango juice improves memory, concentration and prevents mental weakness.
- It is reported that Vitamin E found in mangoes helps in better functioning of hormonal system and thus, boosts sex life.
- Mangoes being a rich source of carbohydrates and calories benefit those who want to gain weight.
- It is believed that mango effectively relieves clogged pores of the skin.
- Mangoes have been found helpful for people suffering from the following conditions.
Mango is beneficial in following health conditions:
- Respiratory problems
- Liver Disorders
- Kidney problems including nephritis
- Menstrual Disorders
- Morning Sickness
- Bacterial Infections
- Prickly Heat