Medicinal values of Indian Gooseberry (Amla):
Indian Gooseberry is the richest known natural source of Vitamin C. Amla also contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and immune-enhancing properties and is widely used in ayurvedic medicines. For centuries, the countless health benefits of amla have effectively been used to treat minor to major health problems.
Apart from Vitamin C, it contains lot many minerals and other vitamins.
Following nutrients are present in Indian Gooseberry:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B Complex
- Dietary Fiber
- It has been found to be low cholesterol, sodium and saturated fats
Health Benefits of Amla
Listed below are some health benefits of amla:
- It acts as a natural cure for acidity, gastric troubles, indigestion, constipation and flatulence.
- Its antibacterial and astringent properties fight and prevent skin diseases and infection.
- It purifies blood and helps growth of new tissues.
- It improves eyesight. Taking its juice with honey improves cataract and nearsightedness.
- It improves liver functioning.
- It is believed to improve the functions of heart and strengthen the lungs.
- It stimulates the isolated group of cells that secrete the hormone insulin. This helps in lowering blood glucose levels, thus improving diabetes.
- It improves functioning of nerves and is helpful in paralytic conditions.
- It is best brain tonic and improves memory and alertness.
- It fights against free radicals that are responsible for development of different types of cancers and cell degeneration.
- It is said to improve fertility.
- It increases the production of red blood cells and in turn strengthens nails and teeth.
- Research has shown that it’s anti-inflammatory properties helps in treating hay fever.
- Research has shown that extracts of Indian gooseberry help combat stress. It has a calming and soothing effect on our over all health. It is found that it acts as a sedative, relaxes muscles and improves sleep.
- It improves our general health and makes our immune system strong.
Cosmetic Benefits of Indian Gooseberry
- It promotes glow on skin.
- It delays wrinkles.
- It promotes hair growth by stimulating hair follicles.
- It acts as a natural hair conditioner and improves the texture of hair. Eating fresh fruits or applying the paste on hair roots improve hair growth and color.
- It prevents premature graying of hairs and accumulation of dandruff.
Indian Gooseberry Chutney Recipe
For Indian gooseberry chutney receipe, you need gooseberry, salt, green chillies and a small ginger.
You can wash 250 gms of gooseberries. Chop the gooseberries into small pieces and remove its seeds. Now add some salt and 100 gms of green chillies in it. You may also chop a small ginger in it (optional). With the help of a mixture, now make a paste of all the ingredients. Your Indian gooseberry chutney is ready to be eaten.