Cucumber medicinal values:
Cucumber has countless health benefits as well as cosmetic properties. It is an excellent source of vitamin C, folic acid (when it is not peeled it contains folic acid) and potassium. The skin of the cucumber is rich in fibre that contains variety of minerals such as potassium, magnesium and silica.
Health Benefits of Cucumber
Listed below are some of the effective health benefits of cucumber:
- Cucumber has cleaning properties that removes accumulated waste and toxins from our body. It may improve arthritis since it eliminates uric acid.
- Cucumber juice mixed with carrot juice is said to be more beneficial to rheumatic conditions caused by excessive uric acid in the body.
- It has been found that people with diabetes are benefited from the consumption of cucumber or cucumber juice.
- Cucumber juice taken daily may help in the improvement of gout and eczema.
- Cucumber included in diet helps people suffering from chest, lung and stomach problems.
- The potassium content of cucumber helps in proper regulation of blood pressure and promotes flexibility of muscles.
- The magnesium content of cucumber helps in smooth blood circulation, relaxes nerves and muscles.
- The fibre content of cucumber helps in regulating cholesterol levels in the body and contributes to bowel regularity.
- A cup of fresh cucumber juice reduces heartburn, soothes acid stomach and gastritis.
- Cucumber helps in preventing splitting of nails of the fingers and toes as it is rich in minerals.
- Place a slice of cumber on the affected sunburn area. It relaxes and elevates the sunburn’s pain, heat and inflammation.
- Slices of cucumber placed on the closed eyes reduce swelling and soothe the eyes.
- Cucumber is a best source of silica- a trace mineral which contributes to the
- strength of our connective tissue. Connective tissue is a tissue that holds our body together.
Cosmetic Benefits of Cucumber
- It prevents and treats under eye dark circles when slices of cucumber are kept on the closed eyes regularly before sleep in the night.
- It improves skin complexion and glow as it is rich in silica.
- It is used a common component in all the face pack preparations. The cooling, cleansing and diuretic properties of cucumber work as a best natural cosmetic for skin.
- Cucumber juice is said to promote hair growth especially when it is added to the juice of lettuce, spinach and carrot.
Benefits of Cucumber Mask
There are various benefits of cucumber mask. The nourishing, hydrant and astringent properties of cucumber mask can restore skin’s normal pH balance. It can cleanse, cool, soothe and soften our skin. It can relieve stress and reduce our under-eye dark circles.
Benefits of Eating Cucumber
There are many benefits of eating cucumber. It is suggested that cucumber can treat arthritis, diabetes, eczema, regulate blood pressure, improve blood circulation, etc.