Coconut comprises of numerous health and cosmetic benefits. Its benefits include health care, hair care and skin care. The countless health benefits of coconut are attributed to its soothing, antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties.
Coconut is categorized as a ˜functional food-because of its rich source of different types of vitamins, minerals and fiber. It provides much more health benefits than its nutritional contents.
Here is brief description about the various Health Benefits of Coconut
- Intake of coconut in any form kills viruses that are responsible for measles, influenza, herpes, hepatitis C and other illnesses.
- Drinking the water of a tender coconut helps in any type of bleeding.
- Coconut water acts as quick energy booster and enhances physical strength.
- Coconut enhances digestion, quick absorption of other nutrients and bowl movement.
- It increases insulin secretion and reduces the complications of diabetes.
- It helps being overweight and the prevents obesity.
- It dissolves kidney stones prevents bladder infections and kidney diseases
- It decreases the symptoms of eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.
- It supports thyroid function.
- It reduces the risk of heart diseases by reducing the cholesterol levels.
- It supports the development of strong teeth and bones and prevents osteoporosis.
- It helps preventing tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- It supports the natural chemical balance of the skin.
- It helps in reducing age spots, wrinkles and sagging skin.
- When the oil is applied topically, it relives the skin from burning sensation and dryness.
- Coconut oil rejuvenates and promotes hair growth.