Medicinal value of Brinjal:
Brinjal commonly known as the eggplant is an affordable and easily available vegetable. It is a good source of potassium and other essential nutrients. It has been used for treating hypertension, cancer and diabetes. Discover the nutritional value and health benefits of eating brinjal in the following lines.
Nutritional Value of Brinjal, Medicinal value of brinjal
A 100 grams of brinjal contains the following nutritional value
- Total Carbohydrates – 17.8g
- Protein – 8g
- Saturated Fat – 5.2g
- Dietary Fiber – 4.9g
- Total Fat – 27.5g
- Cholesterol – 16mg
- Sugars – 11.4g
- Iron – 6mg
- Vitamin A – 6.4 mg
- Calcium – 525 mg
- Sodium – 62mg
- Potassium – 618mg
Health Benefits of Brinjal
- Brinjal effectively treats enlarged spleen caused due to malaria. For this prepare soft baked brinjal, add raw sugar and eat it on empty stomach.
- Eating brinjal is an effective way of maintaining blood cholesterol levels.
- Taking soup made of mashed brinjal and tomato (add pepper and salt to it) helps in digestion and increases appetite.
- Brinjal effectively treats gas, congestion and phlegm. For this raost brinjal on fire, peel off the skin and just add little salt to eat for flavor and eat it.
- Brinjal cures insomnia. For this eat baked brinjal with honey evening for a sound and beautiful sleep.
- Taking a mashed form of brinjal or soup adding asafetida and garlic in it helps get rid of flatulence.
- Avoid eating brinjal if you have acidity problem or excess bile humor.
- Avoid eating brinjal during pregnancy.