Medicinal Value of Black Pepper:
Many people are ignorant about the numerous health benefits of black pepper. It contains potent antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties. It contains iron, potassium, manganese, vitamin C and fiber in large quantities. However, beside these, it does contain other nutritional components.
Health Benefits of Black Pepper
Listed below are some of the effective Health Benefits of Black Pepper:
- Black pepper is known to improve digestion. Consume 5gm of black pepper powder mixed in a cup of buttermilk in case of digestive problems and intestinal infections. It treats these problems effectively as well as gives relief. Pepper helps stomach to produce hydrochloric acid which is needed to digest food. This prevents food staying in the stomach for a long time which ultimately cures flatulence and stomach irritations.
- In case of anorexia (loss of appetite), a decoction of black pepper taken helps solving the problem by stimulating the taste buds.
- In case of fever with chills, drink little warm water boiled with pepper seeds. It effectively reduces the high temperature.
- Chewing the seeds, gargling with warm water boiled with the seeds, relieves toothaches.
- A decoction of black pepper taken twice a day alleviates constipation.
- Sucking few pepper corns provides immediate relief from throat irritations and dry cough.
- A decoction of black pepper taken twice a day helps common cold and cough.
- It promotes proper urination and sweating that helps get rid of harmful toxins from the body.
- In case of minor cuts, sprinkle little black pepper powder on the area. It stops bleeding and its antibacterial properties promote immediate healing by killing the germs.
How to Grow Black Pepper
If you are wondering “how to grow black pepper?”, here it is … Black pepper is a tropical vine that can be grown as a house plant. Black pepper seeds can be sowed in soil neither too dry nor too wet and rich in organic matter. Water the seeds everyday. Once the seeds grow into plants one may want to water the plant every alternate day for the initial 3 years. The roots can be covered in manures and leaf mulch. The shoots can be trimmed twice every year. From the fourth or fifth years onwards, generally plants starts bearing fruits and continue to do so for the next 7 years.
Turmeric and Black Pepper Extract
Turmeric and black pepper extract can help you deal with common cold by relieving throat irritation. For this, you can take 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper along with a pinch of turmeric in a glass of warm milk. Mix well and drink the milk while it is warm, twice a day.
Health Effects of black Pepper
It is suggested that the health effects of black pepper are many. Black pepper can help in improving digestion, cough and cold, toothache, constipation, etc.