Medicinal values of Apple:
Recent studies have shown that an apple a day keeps you away from lung cancer, Alzheimer’s, breast cancer and heart problems. It is also reported that apples reduces the risk of colon and prostrate cancer. The old proverb: “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” signifies the numerous health benefits of apples.
Health Benefits of Apples
Here is Brief Description about the Health Benefits of Apples.
- Apples contain a number of antioxidant such as polyphenol and flavonoid that reduce the risk of development of cancer by preventing DNA damage.
- The fibre content of apples helps in regulating bowel movements which ultimately reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- As apples do not contain any cholesterol and are a good source of fibre, the fibre content helps reducing cholesterol levels in the body.
- A recent study found that apples reduce the risk of neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinsonism and Alzheimer’s. The natural antioxidants found in apples protect nerve cells from neuro-toxicity caused by oxidative stress which ultimately prevents neurodegenerative diseases.
- An apple a day reduces the risk of skin diseases.
- Apple cider vinegar used as beverage prevents the formation of kidney stone.
- Consuming apples prevent digestive and liver problems. Eat an apple after a non vegetarian meal for easy digestion.
- A study has found that 100g of apple contains the amount of antioxidant equal to 1.500mg of Vitamin C.
- Apples have been recommended for arthritis, obesity, gallbladder stones, bronchial asthma, gonorrhea, tuberculosis, anemia, insomnia, pyorrhea, neuritis and halitosis.
Cosmetic Benefits of Apples
- Application of apple pulp on the face cures and improves acne.
- Keeping the apple pulp on the eyelids for 15 to 20 minutes reduces strain of the eyes.
- Paste made up apple leaves and used as shampoo cures dandruff, prevents hair fall and promotes hair growth.
Nutritional Benefits of Eating Apples
The nutritional benefits of eating apples are countless. It is suggested that apples can treat obesity, arthritis, bronchial asthma, prevent some cancers, tuberculosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinsonism, etc.
Benefits of Green Apples
There are numerous benefits of green apples. The refreshing taste of green apple can give relief from constipation, diarrhea, gout, rheumatism, reduce cholesterol, improve appetite, etc.