Fenugreek is believed to be very effective herb that has the abilities to prevent many diseases that can be life threatening later. To know more about this seed, find below.
Fenugreek belongs to legume family. It is also widely known as methi. Fenugreek is a very effective herb for several health benefits. The active components of fenugreek includeÂ vitamin A , vitamin B1, vitamin C , iron,Â phosphates, steroidal, flavonoids, and other alkaloids.
Health Benefits of Fenugreeks
There are varieties of health benefits of fenugreek.
- Fenugreek helps to control your blood sugar level. It also prevents one from the insulin-dependent (type 1) as well as non-insulin-dependent (type 2) diabetes.
- It also has the ability to regulate the cholesterol absorption in your body.
- Above all, fenugreek minimizes the chances of the diseases mentioned below.
1.Â High Cholesterol
5. High Triglycerides
Uses of Fenugreeks
Here are the several uses of Fenugreeks apart from its medicinal values. Basically, these are the traditional uses of fenugreeks. These seeds are rich in vitamin E.
- Fresh leaves of fenugreek are helpful in treating indigestion and a slothful liver.
- The dry fenugreek leaves are used to add flavour for fish, meat and several vegetable dishes.
- You can make an infusion of the leaves and can use it as a gargle for ulcers inside mouth. It is also very effective for throat sore.
- You can make a paste of fresh fenugreek leaves and apply it gently over the scalp. Then wash it during bath. Regular use of this paste helps to preserve natural hair colour, grow the hair and make the hair silky. It also cures dandruff.
- It also has the ability to cure skin diseases like eczema. It acts like a skin soothing substance. It is also helpful to reduce muscle pains.
- Fenugreek seeds diminish the chances of kidney stones by reducing the quantity of calcium oxalate in kidney that is responsible for kidney stones.