Arnica is known as an efficient medication to treat several kinds of aches, muscles swellings and many other ailments. To learn more about this powerful herb, just go through below.
Arnica is widely believed to give relief in several kinds of ailments that include muscle aches and any kind of inflammation. It also has the ability to heal wounds. Arnica is meant for internal use only but it should always be under the supervision of an expert.
Health Benefits of Arnica
There are several health benefits of Arnica. Some of them have been discussed below.
- Arnica, basically, acts by stimulating the movement of white blood cells which helps in the digestion of coagulated blood and by disbanding the congested and disorganized fluids that come from bruised and bumped tissues, muscles and joints.
- Arnica is also famous for boosting the blood circulation. It can raise your blood pressure level.
- Arnica is always used as an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial medicine. It can lessen swelling and pain.
- Arnica is mainly known as a remedy that can heal muscle soreness and strain.
- Arnica is also effective in the skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis.
- It also heals the wounds caused by insect bites.
Though arnica is mainly used for internal healing but in some cases it can also be used externally. Here are the external uses of arnica.
- Tender feet (as foot bath)
- Abdominal pain (hot compress)
- Sore or painful joints
- Chill blains (if skin is unbroken)
- Irritation from trauma
An overdose of arnica can result into cardiac arrhythmias, coma and sometimes lead to death. So, you are always suggested to consult an expert before taking arnica internally.