Herbal Remedies for High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is also known as hypertension. This is considered as a silent killer. In this fast pace, the physical and mental pressure increases adrenaline into the blood stream and hence, causes blood pressure to increase. The force exerted by the heart when it pumps blood into large arteries, creates the pressure among them. This is known as blood pressure. Certain blood pressure levels are necessary to maintain the blood circulation. As the pressure increases, it results in high blood pressure,that causes narrowing of capillaries, that is, small blood vessels. Thus, narrowing increases stress on the heart to pump blood. However, by following home remedies for high blood pressure can give you good results.
Systolic pressure is the highest pressure reached during heart beat. Diastolic pressure is the lowest pressure during the heart beat. Diastolic pressure above 95 mmHg and systolic pressure above 160 mmHg is mildly hypertensive. Systolic pressure above 200mmHg and diastolic pressure above 110mm Hg is severely hypertensive.
Causes of High Blood Pressure:
Here are some causes for blood pressure:
- High consumption of sodium
- Hormonal changes in Women
Here are some herbal remedies for high blood pressure:
The following are some herbal remedies for lowering the blood pressure levels:
- Indian Gooseberry: Mix honey and gooseberry juice. Take 1 tablespoon of this mixture every morning. This is an effective remedy for hypertension.
- Watermelon: Watermelon acts as a security shield against hypertension.
- Cayenne Pepper: Add 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper to Â½ cup of lukewarm water. Drink this when required.
- Lemon: Squeeze Â½ lemon in 100 ml of water. For immediate relief, drink this after every 2 hours.
- Garlic: This is considered as an effective remedy for lowering blood pressure levels.
- Papayas: Daily eat fresh papayas every day on an empty stomach regularly for a month. This is one of the effective remedies.
- Indian Gooseberry: Take gooseberry along with milk. This lowers the blood pressure levels.
- Holy Basil: Use 4 to 5 Holy basil leaves with 2 neem leaves along with 2-4 tablespoons of water and consume it on an empty stomach for a week. This also reduces high blood pressure.