Isabgol Various Benefits of Isabgol
Isabgol is also called Isphagula and Psyllium. It is obtained from the seed husks of Plantago ovata. Its common name is Desert Indian wheat. Isabgol is one of the excellent sources of dietary fibers. These seed husks are an excellent natural remedy for colon cleansing.
Isabgol fibers absorb waste in the stomach and removes it out from the colon. It allows healthier colon and improves digestion. It is the best remedy for weight loss, constipation and digestive cleansing. It provides fiber in low carb diet plans. For every 100 grams of herb, isabgol provides 71 grams of fiber. The husk soaks up excess water in the intestine, cleanses the digestive tract and relieves problems such as diarrhea, bloating and constipation.
Following are some of the health benefits of isabgol –
Reduces cholesterol level
Isabgol can reduce LDL or bad cholesterol levels in the body.
– The husk enables healthy weight loss.
Isabgol can prevent diarrhea and dehydration caused by it.
Blood glucose level
It regulates insulin and blood glucose level.
It can cure anal fissures caused by IBS and constipation and keeps the bowel healthy.
– Isabgol is effective against colon cancer and prevents cancer formation.
Hormonal imbalance stabilization
Its intake is beneficial for those women who face hormonal imbalance because of menopause. Isabgol intake can enhance estrogen production in the body and control hormonal imbalance.
– The herb also relieves toothache. It should be soaked in vinegar and applied on tooth.
- Isabgol prevents flatulence and indigestion.
- This is one of the inexpensive treatment.
Cautions before using Isabgol
- Isabgol should not be used when there are obstructions in the intestine.
- It should be avoided by diabetic people as it can elevate the blood sugar level.
- One should drink at least 64 ounces of water per day to avoid dehydration as isabgol is a fiber and absorbs water from waste and intestine.