Kelp Herb- Benefits and Side Effects
Kelp is seaweed mostly found on the rock shores. This is a natural source for food available in all health stores. Kelp contains many nutrients and these include about 70 minerals and growth hormones, potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamins, iron, enzymes and, other elements. Kelp has many health benefits that have been discovered for years together. Taking kelp supplement is healthy for body.
The following are some health benefits of Kelp herb.
- This is a good source for vitamins like A, B, C, D, E, K and also folic acid.
- This herb boosts up immune system.
- Kelp suppresses the dreadful and dangerous disease AIDS.
- This also improves the functioning of liver.
- Kelp is very efficient to alleviate the arthritis pain.
- This stimulates appetite and also helps in the reduction of weight. This has the property to stimulate metabolism.
- Kelp alleviates the energy levels.
- This has the ability to kill herpes virus.
- Kelp is used to treat the thyroid problems. Kelp consists of iodine and hence it helps to treat under active thyroids.
- This herb is used in the treatment of hair loss.
- This also lowers the cholesterol levels.
- Used in the treatment of constipation, flatulence and, poor digestion.
- Maintain the health of mucous membranes.
- This herb also regulates blood pressure.
- Kelp prevents the growth of tumors in the body.
- This also helps in maintaining the pH of the body.
Side Effects of Kelp:
- Kelp contains high doses of iodine and this cause thyroidal imbalance.
- Excessive intake of kelp may lead to some gastrointestinal problems such as nausea and diarrhea.
- Prolong usage of this herb reduces the ability to absorb certain important nutrients like potassium, calcium and, iron.