Garcinia Cambogia Herb
Garcinia Cambogia also known as Gambooge, Malabar Tamarind or Goraka (in SriLanka). It is sub-tropical specie of Garcinia and native of Indonesia. This is widely cultivated in South-east Asia and central Africa. It is yellow in color and is in pumpkin shape. This contains hepatotoxic hydroxycitric acid.
Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA) suppresses the appetite and enhances fat burning in the body. HCA exhibits citrate lyase enzyme that turns carbohydrates to fat. This burns the excess fat in the body. Journal of American Medical Association studied and published the results of garcinia. A twelve week study had been done on over weight adults. They were given 1500mg of HCA and found good results.
Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia:
In Indian Medicine, it is used for delay in menstruation, intestinal parasites, constipation and edema. It showed effectiveness on tumors, throat infections, bronchitis, bowel complaints, liver disorder, coughing, dysentery, and head and chest colds.
This herb prevents stomach ulcers and also enhances the stomach lining. It has properties of anti inflammatory, anti viral, anti microbial, anti diabetic and anti hepatotoxic.
The herb Garcinia cambogia is known to work effectively as an appetite suppressant. The herb is also known to speed up the metabolism of the body and also helps to work effectively in weight-loss diets.
The herb Garcinia cambogia may also help by increasing the energy levels. This herb is said to deflect the intake of calories away from the fats production to glycogen, thus helps in boosting energy.
Low carbohydrate diets:
This Garcinia cambogia herb can help for those dieters who are attempting to follow a diet with low carbohydrates. It works by inhibiting the craving over carbohydrates. This herb does this by causing serotonin levels augmentation inside the brain and then reduces the reduces the desire to intake carbohydrates.
The herb Garcinia cambogia is known to build the immune system of the body. It helps the body overall from rheumatism to the bowel complaints, flu symptoms, colic and swelling. This herb may also help by relieving from liver disorders, sore throats and colds.
The Garcinia cambagia extract is believed to enhance the mucosal defense means within the stomach. The herb may also help with the gastric ulcers. It may also reduce acidity of the stomach in addition to the defensive properties upping on the gastric juices.
Side Effects of Garcinia Cambogia herb:
- Patients suffering with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia disease, lactating and pregnant women, kids and adults diagnosed with diabetes must avoid using the Garcinia combogia herb.
- Some individuals may also develop an allergic reaction to this herb, to the inactive ingredients added or to the supplement.
- Some over-enthusiastic individuals who took this herb in excess amounts have experienced some side effects which include some laxative effects, diarrhea and abdominal pain and vomiting.
- Some individuals who consumed this herb have complained of a few minor problems like minor stomach problems, headaches and nausea.
- Apart from this, individuals who suffer from a certain health conditions must avoid the intake or use of Garcinia cambogia herb.
- Rhabdomyolysis: This is a potentially fatal disease which is related to the muscle deterioration. A case was reported in an individual with this disease who consumed an herbal weight-loss medicine containing Garcinia cambogia. But, the medicine contained several other substances and herbs, so it is not well known that which ingredient or herbs were responsible for this disease.
- Headaches, Gastrointestinal or Upper Respiratory Problems: A study made at Columbia University has found that patients who have taken Garcinia cambogia herb cited experiencing headaches, gastrointestinal or upper respiratory problems.
Garcinia has no adverse affects on healthy adults. But it is suggested that pregnant women, children and lactating women should avoid this. Even people suffering with Alzheimer’s and other dementia diseases are suggested to avoid this herb. People diagnosing with diabetes are also suggested to keep away gambooge. Some people even suffer with allergic reactions also. This is usually available in the form of capsules. Capsules containing HCA, 50% and above are recommended for fast results. This daily dose is divided into 3parts, and is taken 30 to 60 min before the meals.