Benefits of the Herb Cyperus Rotundus
Cyperus Rotundus is a flora of North America. The medicinal benefits of this herb is mentioned in the ancient medical practice of Ayurveda. Research done on this herb in modern times is revealing several others healing qualities of this herb. This article profiles the benefits of this herb.
Benefits of the herb Cyperus Rotundus from Ayurveda:
- It is treated as a galactagogue. A substance is called so when it increases the supply of milk from the breasts.
- This perennial herb is an astrigent. These substances have the property of shrink the body tissues subjected to inflammation. In this way, they fasten the process of healing.
- It is anthelmintic. Such substances kill the harmful parasites in our body. Parasites are organisms which survive in our body at the expense of the food items consumed by us for our life.
- The grass herb is used for menstrual pain and disorders, for liver, as a digestive stimulant and for memory.
- Treatment of gas, diarrhea, infertility, depression and even cervical cancer is possible with this perennial herb.
- Mostly it cures people suffering from disorders in kapha and pitta body types of Ayurveda.
Benefits of the herb Cyperus Rotundus from Research:
- The extracts of this flora of north america were given to experimental rats with obesity.
- The results suggested that this herb could prevent the weight gain in these rats.
- Streptococcus mutans are the bacteria present in our mouth.
- They are responsible for tooth decay.
- Research studies report that the extracts of this perennial herb can prevent tooth decay caused by these bacteria.
- Ointment prepared from the extracts of this herb are found to cause faster healing of wounds, confirming the age old practices of Ayurveda.