What Why and How of Swertia Chirata
This article tries to understand the What,Why and How of the Herb – Swertia Chirata.
What is Swertia Chirata ?
- Swertia Chirata is an ancient Indian Herb famous for its medicinal values.
- It is found in the Himalayan ranges of India from Kashmir to Bhutan at an altitude of 1,200-3,000 m.
- It is also found in the Khasi Hills of Meghalaya at an altitude of 1,200-1,500 m.
Why is this Herb so beneficial?
- The herb is a bitter tonic useful in liver disorders,weak stomach,nausea,bloating and indigestion.
- It is effective against tuberculosis and malaria and protects organs like eyes, heart and liver.
- It is an excellent drug for skin diseases,intermittent fevers,bronchial asthma, intestinal worms,regulating the bowels , burning of the body.
- In liquor industry, it plays the role of bitter ingredient.
How to intake the this Herb?
- The roots of the herb are mostly beneficial.
- Take the roots of the dried plant.
- Clean them and immerse them in a glass of water at night.
- This allows the secretions of the root to dissolve in the water nicely.
- In the morning,remove the dried roots.The water will be of yellow color.
- Drink this water on empty stomach.
Latest Research Findings about this Herb:
- Swertia Chirata is now considered as the potential subject to cure Diabetes.
- In the Annual Professional Conference of Diabetes UK,held in Glasglow in March 2009,researcher announced this finding.
- They are of the opinion that the bark of this plant will be helpful in the cure.
- Its extracts are found to stimulate insulin production and improve its action on glucose control.